i know i've been guilty of that too.
let me help you craft the right message for your brand. One that unapologetically expresses your personality & style. One that dares to tell your story with the bravery & confidence it deserves.
- I am completely & unashamedly addicted to caffeine. Yes, I have given it up for YEARS before but as a solopreneur & Mom? I drink it all damn day. My favourite is a chai latte because it's sweet, caffeinated aromatherapy in a cup.
- I have 2 of the most adorable children on the planet. Yes, they're the cutest, most brilliant children alive. And yes, they challenge me & drive me nuts at least once a day...okay, way more than once.
- I'm ridiculously proud to be Canadian. I love real maple syrup & poutine, though try to limit consumption of both. And like all good Canadians I watch hockey...okay I occasionally poke my head up from a book long enough to check the score while my husband watches the game.
- I'm a complete book nerd. Our home library is over 850 books & constantly growing. It might be an addiction...books & caffeine, baby. That history degree is becoming totally obvious now, isn't it?
- I'm a classically trained pianist (the nerd quotient just went up infinitely, didn't it?). Though I only got to grade 8 in The Royal Conservatory of Music of Canada & grade 2 in their theory. Sounds fancy though, doesn't it? I played a lot of Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, etc. And there was that time I went a little gaga over Beethoven's piano in a museum in Vienna and leaned over the velvet rope...
- I love to crank the music while I'm working or cleaning or driving. Even better if I can sing along. I usually gravitate towards anything Indie. Indie pop, Indie rock, Indie alt. I love discovering & falling in love with songs & bands I've never heard of before. We love kitchen dance parties around here too. Need to celebrate something? Need to pick up the mood of a grumpy, sullen, whiny or sad child? Insert kitchen dance party. And The Strumbellas are never far from our playlist. ;)
- I get to experience all four seasons of the year but my favourite is summer. Relaxing on a beach in front of a lake. Or even just putting a blanket out by our favourite maple tree on the lawn. We have our own little 2 acres of country bliss.
- I come from a family filled with strong women. My Mom who worked for over 30 years as a registered nurse & showed me the importance of respect & compassion. My Grandmother who was the most incredible prayer warrior I've ever witnessed, so confident & determined on her path. I was so privileged to have her live with my husband & myself for the last 6 years of her life.
- I married my high school sweetheart. Which means that even though I'm not that old you guys I've been married for 9 years & we've been together for 17 years now. That's exactly 1/2 my life spent with the same incredible man.
- I caught the travel bug at age 14 when I went to spend 6 weeks with my Aunt in the Bahamas (another strong woman in my family whom I deeply admire). Since then I've managed to add several more countries to the list but the list of places I dream of going? Infinitely longer. Wanderlust is real.